Employment Advice

If you are unsure about your employment rights at South Derbyshire Citizens Advice Bureau, we can advise you according to your written contract. If you don't have a written contract we can advise you about your statutory rights including the minimum wage and holiday pay. We can give advice about benefits or tax credits you are entitled to when in work and also advise on race and sex discrimination at work.

We can give you practical help by helping you make a claim for unpaid wages, checking redundancy payments are correct, advising on changes to terms and conditions, advising on your employee's individual rights and identifying possible claims for unfair dismissal.

If your problem is more complex, we can arrange for a referral to an appropriate specialist agency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Useful Links and Organisations